Essence Camouflage Concealer - Review



I'm always on the look out for a new dupe of something - primarily because I love the thrill of saving money and still looking fabulous - and it's for those reasons I get drawn into the crazes such as the recent Make Up Revolution Conceal And Define Concealer. However, what if one stands alone in its own right? Not a dupe, just a well made, performing cheaper concealer?


If you would have compared high end make up to drugstore make up some 20 or 30 years ago, the difference would have been astounding - now however, the gap has closed. Drugstore make up sometimes outperforms the more expensive competition. 


To all (if any) of my Happy Beauty Pals, I have found you a new concealer. 
I give it a good rating of about 7/10 , and if I'm not reaching for my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, I'm reaching for this. 

And it's £2.50. Wilkinson's . I do not tell a lie. 

Here are mine with the Essence Volume Stylist Mascara

This is the Essence Camouflage Full Coverage Concealer. 
With it's cousin, the Volume Stylist Mascara. 

I've heard about Essence Mascaras and so had a look round  - but I couldn't help but try out these concealers. I have an ache to find the perfect concealer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

These glide on lovely underneath your eye. With my dry skin, I simply cannot set with a powder so I use an alternate way of setting a concealer. Let me know in the comments if you want to know How to set a concealer without using powder. 

Despite the dry eyes, They actually don't become that powdery. They barely crease - for example, my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer Creases MORE. I dot straight onto the undereye and on any spots with the Doe foot Applicator and blend away with a small beauty blender that I'd wet under the tap. This is key; always wet your beauty blender. Yes, I know it's a pain to do, but it saves you tons of product and you get a better, even finish.   



As you can see here I bought 05 Ivory and 10 Nude. I would say these were Medium to Full Coverage, leaning more towards Medium - My seriously dark undereyes were covered, but not AS MUCH as say with Mac Pro Longwear. 

They are also more GREY in colour - what this means, is it isn't built in with a colour corrector (or not that much of it).

Under the eye is bluey purple, and so concealers designed for that usually have peach/pinky undertones to counteract. Concealers that work well under your eyes won't work for spots as well. 

Here are some swatches! 10 Nude on the Left, 05 Ivory on the right.

But this isn't the end of the road  - if you have really dark undereyes you are better off using a separate colour corrector that you can purchase from any drugstore/high end shop ( I can show you ). If you are fine with your base under eye colour, these will be perfect for you (won't look orange) and if you are somewhere in the middle of all of these, test them out purely for the long-wearing lack of creasing! 

If you are very fair (say redhead fair) than 05 Ivory will be perfect without a colour corrector and will not look orange on you. 

As I am not so fair, I tend to use my go-to colour correcting routing and them use a bit of both, mixed together.

The only reason these amazing concealers lose points is purely because they lack a sort of luminosity. You know what I mean. You can't create this glamorous Kim Kardashian undereye look with them, because they don't give you that Glow

 If you have a dewy, glowy foundation, this concealer might look almost dull. 

If you have a dewy finish spray or a moisture mist, you can make it work. 

Otherwise it may look a tiny bit flat, but not enough that anyone would really notice on a day to day basis, especially if you are doing just work make up. Or a more natural look. As I say, I am a glamorous make up person and I still use these to go to Uni. 

It lasts 12 months, you get 5ml, which doesn't disappear like the Make Up Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer (3.7ml)  I covered in my earlier post. You don't need HONKS of it to get the coverage.

A quick, reliable, lasting undereye concealer that, in my collection, creases the LEAST of all, feels nice, and certainly doesn't break the bank. 

Want me to tell you about the mascaras? You will be pleased.

Also, do you want some of the tutorials I mentioned? 
 - How to Colour Correct (with UK drugstore products)
 - How to set an undereye concealer without using powder. (stops creasing) 

Hope you love this product, seriously, it's amazing for £2.50. Truly takes the spot for the best budget concealer that perhaps the MUR C&D one might not deserve??
Take care of yourselves.

Em.




Comments

  1. Guys I would love some constructive criticism as I am only new! :) Please say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😍😍I'm not even into makeup too much but I love the blog. It cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment