Revolution Pro - Full Cover Camouflage Concealer REVIEW + WEAR TEST [UPDATED]




I will begin by saying, I am the concealer Queen. Pals, I have tried them all. 

I have terrible, awful, undereye shadows and dark circles, and I look so much better with them covered up. I like myself! But that's the one thing that I wish I could be rid of. I look so tired even when I am not!.

I have a routine down, using all drugstore products (and a Mac concealer) to be able to get a flawless, covered up, dewy finish and eliminate them. The difference is amazing!

But with dry skin, it is difficult to set concealer with a powder by baking - it ends up looking powdery - so I often use an alternate method of setting. I will do a post on this soon. Its not foolproof, but it stops that 'powdery' look.

Today I am trying the Revolution Pro Full Coverage concealer, available at Superdrug for the hefty fee of £5.00. Yes, five pounds. And so far, I am astounded. It appears only available online at the moment - even though it's been released into the stores, I haven't seen on in the shop!


Here are some swatches first - I have used a mix of C1 and C2.

C1 is the Colour of NW15 before it's oxidised (good for pale skin, but beware -if you're fair, redhead pale, there is colour corrector built in ).

If C2 looks dark to you, don't be fooled. It has a reasonable amount of colour corrector in it already, that's why. It has the same colour to it as Mac's NW15 Pro Longwear Concealer after oxidation, maybe a TAD darker.

As far as I can tell, C1 and C2 doesn't oxidise at all.

It feels thick. Like a paste. It spreads thick, but a little goes a long way.  
13:00 🕐
I've lay my colour corrector down in the usual method before popping this concealer over the top.

I've used my other make up in the usual way, including a primer and setting spray (I will show you in a tutorial soon). I'm giving it a fair shot.

 I dot this thick liquid in a triangle shape under my eye and grazing the top of my cheekbones. I spread it with a wet beauty blender. 
I am instantly in love and impressed - it looks beautiful. It's full coverage. It's luminous. 

I've done the rest of my make up. I've used a tiny bit of Charlotte Tilbury's face power along the outside corners of my eyes, a rare move for me, as I wanted to see if it went powdery, and it didn't.


I am LOVING how it looks. You couldn't tell I have undereye circles, and it looks luminous and natural.


15:30 (ish)

Shed a few tears at a song that came on my iPod. 'You can be King again' by Lauren Aquilina. Give it a listen! I'm a sensitive soul, full of empathy.
I dabbed away my tears from my eyes and chin, and then I remembered I have this concealer on. Shook.
Ran to the bathroom, and it hasn't shifted. It's actually Em-emotion proof. I am amazed.

17:00 🕔

By now it should have creased. I'm seeing the most tiny, tiny amounts, right underneath my bottom lashes.

I am amazed. Its so beautiful still, its still acting like a very expensive  concealer. Its still spread against the skin and doesn't looks flat.  No signs of my dark circles yet!
I can see tiny amounts of wear and its lost a TINY amount of luminosity. It's not a matt finish, it's a natural kind of creamy finish. That luminosity is bound to wear away, but we will see how it performs.

For four hours wear time, I'm pleased.


18:30 🕡

It's worn, not as luminous anymore, but only minor creasing and looks so damn good! Not greyed out like some concealers that are weak in colour correcting do.

It's only SLIGHTLY started bunching. I'm not actually that bothered - Mac sometimes bunches more than this.

Bunching is when it looks as if it's turned into powder on the skin - it looks rough and has come off in patches. 

In natural lighting, you can see now some of my undertones are starting to pop through. But by now, my Mac Pro Longwear would have creased massively.


20:30 🕣

My final check in. This make up is ready to come off!
So this concealer has been on now for 7 and 30 minutes.

I re did my eyeliner wing and mascara - I had rubbed my eyes and did not likey.

I've used a bright light for the photograph so you can see my dark circles are starting to become visible. But, HappyBeautyPals, the horrors underneath the mask have not yet revealed themselves. Trust me.

It still looks beautiful. It's lost a little of it's coverage and luminosity, but it's holding up.

Here in this photo, on this particular wear time, it didn't crease.

CONCLUSION [updated]


Pros

Its full coverage. Definately. I do believe that at first, it gives more coverage than Mac Pro Longwear.
It's luminous, a beautiful finish, that lasts and doesn't bunch up easy.
What I can't get over is now beautiful the finish is? It's gorgeous! No SPF either, so no flashback/spots (SPF breaks me out). I actually prefer how natural and dewy this looks over Mac.

Cons
Its lost a tiny bit of the coverage and luminosity after about 4 hours. After 6, it was looking a bit duller. Now, after almost eight hours, it still looks good, but only now does my under eye make up look like they're starting to flatten. 

Mac Pro Longwear does last longer. I can't deny that.

Since this review I have indeed worn this again to find that it did crease through a long day at law school. Perhaps a little more than Mac, this time. 

I had a look into it and I wonder if it's just down to application? Maybe I have to avoid my problem areas, the outer corners of the eye where I get smile lines. 

I've also have problems setting this - it's too luminous not to set with some form of powder, as it tends to look wet on the skin and slide around. It would look weird if you wore a matte foundation, you would 100% need to set it with powder (and if you have dry skin like me, tha'ts a pain). If you don't, it slides around, ends up in strange places, and creases.

Mac Pro Longwear is £18.50. This is £5. I can't deny that it's a good one to play with, but it doesn't dry down. It doesn't set on it's own.

I can't deny that the finish is beautiful, but perhaps it loses points for reliability?

I still use this, but on my trough lines, where I can set it with my face powder . The closer you put powder to your eye, the more you risk that powder effect. So it's high maintainance, but you get that beautiful finish.

After working with it (and getting gorgeous results) I ended up switching back to Mac on the daily. In the rush of the morning, I just didn't have time to work with it.

Overall, It's gorgeous, but not easy to work with, and somewhat unreliable and slicky.


Take care of yourselves.

Em



Comments

Popular Posts