The Truth Behind the Make Up Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer



I have under eye dark circles like a kangaroo has punched me in the face. Twice.
And to top it off, my cheekbone said, 'Boi Bye', to my eyesocket, leaving a chasm in space in between; face fat did not want to live there, and long story short, I have a permanent shadow under my eye. 

There are lots of reasons you get undereye circles, and all different ways you can combat them (I know the battle well by now) but all in good time! This post, I want to focus on the viral Make Up Revolution Conceal and Define Concealers, £4, available only from Superdrug or Tam Beauty in the UK (That I know of). 

You might have seen them on facebook! 'The dupe for the Tarte Shape Tape concealer'. 

Well I am from the UK, and I have tried to get hold of the Tarte Shape Tape with difficulty; I understand that it is the concealer of the gods; full coverage, hard to crease, also like $30 a bottle. 
So I can't compare to the Tarte Shape Tape first hand, but I can give you the Tea on the MUR C&D. 

This is full coverage, AT FIRST. You pull the applicator out of the bottle and it has that fat wand and allows you to place lots of product where it needs to be (it encourages you to be heavy handed) so you can get a full cover of your dark circles. 


If You have really bad dark circles, I recommend you use a colour corrector anyway; this is a tutorial I will post later. 
It gives a beautiful, creamy finish, and I have dry undereyes and it still loved me.







The problems with this are as follows: you supposedly get 3.4ml of product, but my bottle looked like this after one use:

I don't know if a lot goes a little way? Or maybe there's just not that much in it.
Secondly, it lasts as long as a hot dinner on a winter's night. Before you know it, it's gone after an hour or two, giving away to transparency. 

I use these at home for selfies or if I quickly nip to the shop. 

VERDICT: I love it, beautiful finish, £4, but even with all of my tricks to set an undereye (and believe me I am a master now) it doesn't stay put. Lasts an hour at best. One of my favourites to play with but I can't use this on a date or night out. 

Make Up Revolution is fast becoming one of my favourite brands with all the beautiful new things they are coming out with, I WISH this lasted longer!

Does anyone want my tutorial for Dark undereyes using drugstore/high end make up? Let me know.
How did you get on with this product, have you found a way to make it last longer? I'm all ears! (and undereyes). 

Take Care of Yourselves!

Comments

  1. If Anyone Stumbles across this, Could you tell me if you could make it last longer?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment